FAQs for Allways
Please answer: Good Morning/Afternoon. Twin State Inspections, This is YOURNAME.
(Not Twin State Home Inspections)
- Vince and Dale are both "InterNACHI Certified Inspectors"
- Vince and Dale are both Licensed in NH and VT.
- Dale is an "ASHI Certified Inspector (ACI)" . This is the Highest level of certification possible
- Dale is a Subject Matter Expert for the Examination Board of Professional Home Inspectors.
- Read our Reviews on Google!
- Read Recommendations on Facebook
- BBB A+ Accredited
- Structure (Foundation, Floors, Walls, Ceilings, Roof)
- Exterior (Not Condos) (Siding, Decks, Doors, Porches/Balconies, Eaves/Soffits/Fascias, Entryways, Walkways, Driveways, Drainage, Vegetation, Grading, Retaining Walls)
- Roof (Not Condos) (Materials, Condition, Flashing, Drainage, Skylights, Chimney Exteriors, Penetrations)
- Plumbing (Water Supply and Distribution; Drain/Waste/Vent (DWV), Water Heating, Fuel Storage and Distribution)
- Electrical (Service Drop, Main Disconnect, Panels and Subpanels, Conductors, Overcurrent Protection, Lighting, Switches, Receptacles)
- Heating/Cooling (Boilers, Furnaces, Heat Pumps, Central AC Systems, Distribution, Ventilation)
- Insulation and Ventilation (Unfinished Spaces, Attics, Foundations)
- Limited Fireplaces (including Chimney Exteriors and Vents) - See below
- Septic Tanks - Requres a specalist due to complexity and number of issues usually discovered. Refer to Dale if they need names of recommeneded inspectors.
- Sewer Lines/Scope - Old Homes have sometimes fragile sewer lines - we will recommend further inspection, as needed.
- Complete Chimney and Flues - We do a basic inspection on fireplaces/chimneys/woodstoves and will make addl inspection recommendations, as needed. We do not perform stand alone chimney inspections, perform cleanings, or perform "Level 2" inspections.
- Generators - Requires a specialist.
- Pellet Stoves - We are unable to ignite fires needed to test.
- We carry ample Errors and Omissions Insurance
- Plenty of Liabilty Insurance
- Never had a claim or reason to use.
- Generally Age and Square Footage, Number of Outbuildings, Number of Units.
- Mileage is a factor (but do not disclose this)
- Refer to Dale all large (4500 SF+) and/or homes listed over $1 Million.
- $35 Off for Townhouses/Condos
- Refer to Dale for Veterans, Seniors, or others who request discounts
- Any price negotiation requested, Refer to Dale
- Book Dale First. Book Vince Second.
- Appointments at 8am and 1pm Monday thru Friday.
- Allow 3h for typical home.
- Goal is to schedule within next 4-6 days. Any short term openings - Refer to as a last minute cancellation
- Client Encouraged to Attend. If not entire inspection, please attend towards end for debriefing.
- Saturdays by request - Refer to Dale
- Allow 1.5h travel time from Site A to Site B on same day.
- Dale will confirm scheduling with the Agent.
- Client will receive confirmation email with agreements to eSign.
- If FSBO, Is there a contact? Put in notes.
Water Testing: Please sell these two packages below only. Dale will coordinate with Agent/Owner to collect before the inspection, typically. We can not collect water samples on a Friday or over the weekend (water samples expire after 24h).
- Most everyone - $217 - Comprehenisve Water Test (Tests for Organic & Inorganics and Radon).
- Rarely - $89 - VA Minimum (Meets VA/FHA/RD requirements) Only a basic scan to meet those requirements.
- Special Requests - Refer to Dale
We typically use Electronic Radon Monitors. Fee with inspection is $125. Without inspection is $225.
Inspection Report Turnaround
- Inspection Reports are delivered in 24-48 business hours. Friday inspections, typically Monday delivery.
- Water Reports - 3-5 Business Days (typically 4)
- Radon Reports - Avail as soon as Radon Monitor is picked up.
- If customer is dissatisified with our services, we will refund the full inspection fee. No questions asked.
- No home warranty services offered. Our real estate is some of the oldest in North America and is is not possible to provide home warranties.
- Please use the notes if the customer raises any special concerns
- Example: Water in basement, cracked foundation wall, very old house.
- Cash or Check the day of the inspection (preferred). Inspector will bring an invoice.
- Credit card with a 3% Fee - Dale can send the payment link if the customer desires. No Onsite Credit Cards. Please request in advance.